Moving homes can be a stressful experience. It’s hard enough to make sure all your belongings are packed and ready to go, but when it comes to furniture, anxiety levels can suddenly increase. After all, you don’t want your expensive new furniture to be damaged during the move.
But don’t worry—moving furniture doesn’t have to be a nightmare! In this blog post, we will discuss some easy ways to protect your furniture when relocating to Melbourne. From packing tips to choosing the right materials and more, read on for our helpful advice.
Why hire furniture removalists to protect furniture?
There are several reasons why you might want to consider hiring furniture removalists in Melbourne when you’re moving homes. For one, they can help take care of all the heavy lifting for you. This can be extremely helpful if you have large or bulky items that you don’t feel comfortable moving. Furthermore, moving companies have the expertise and know-how to pack and secure your furniture during the move in a way that will guarantee its safety.
Another reason to hire Melbourne removalists is that they can provide valuable storage solutions if you’re not ready to move your belongings into your new home right away. They can safely store your furniture until you’re ready for it, which can give you peace of mind and make the entire moving process much less stressful.
Overall, there are many benefits to hiring removalists in Melbourne when moving homes. This is the best course of action if you want a hassle-free move.
Easy ways you can protect your furniture when moving
Moving homes is a big task, and one of the most important things to keep in mind is protecting your furniture. Here are some easy tips to follow to make sure your furniture stays safe during the move:
Disassemble your furniture
When you’re moving homes, it’s important to take extra care of your furniture. Here are some easy ways to protect your furniture when moving:
- Disassemble your furniture: This will make moving it easier and will protect delicate parts.
- Wrap each piece of furniture in blankets or moving pads: This will help prevent scratches and dents.
- Use furniture sliders: These can be placed under heavy pieces of furniture to make them easier to move and help prevent damage to flooring.
- Be careful when loading furniture into the truck: Make sure everything is securely fastened so it doesn’t shift during transport.
- Unload and unpack carefully: Take your time unpacking and assembling your furniture so you don’t accidentally damage anything.
- Gather Packing Supplies
When it comes time to move your furniture, you want to be sure that you have all the right packing supplies. This will help to ensure that your furniture arrives at your new home in one piece and without any damage. Here are some of the essential packing supplies you will need:
- Moving boxes: You will need plenty of moving boxes to pack up your belongings. Be sure to get a variety of sizes to accommodate different items.
- Packing paper: This will be used to wrap and protect your fragile items.
- Bubble wrap: Another great option for protecting your fragile items during the move.
- Box labels: Labeling your boxes will help you keep track of what is inside and where it needs to go in your new home.
- Furniture pads: These will help to prevent scratches and scuffs on your furniture during the move.
- Moving blankets Provide Added Protection
Moving blankets offer extra protection from scratches, dents, and dirt when moving furniture. They are especially useful for protecting delicate or hard-to-move items such as pianos, china cabinets, and mirrors. Moving blankets can be rented from most moving companies or purchased at hardware stores.
- Get rid of old furniture
When you move homes, it’s the perfect time to get rid of any old furniture you don’t want or need anymore. This will declutter your new home and make moving day a lot easier.
Old furniture can be tricky to get rid of, especially if it’s heavy or bulky. Here are some easy ways to declutter your old furniture before moving day:
- Sell it online: There are plenty of websites and Facebook groups dedicated to buying and selling second-hand furniture. This is a great way to get rid of unwanted furniture and make some extra cash for your move.
- Give it away: If you have any friends or family members who need furniture, offer it to them for free. If not, several charities would be happy to accept your used furniture.
- Skip it: The easiest way to get rid of old furniture is to simply skip it on a moving day. Most skip-hire companies in Melbourne will be happy to take your old furniture off your hands – just make sure you book in advance!
When shifting homes, you should take additional care of your furniture because this may be a highly stressful period for everyone. For more information, contact an expert!