If you are looking for how to perk up your existing internet speed, then performing Rockspace wifi extender setup would be a great idea. Not only this, if you want to make the most out of your Rockspace device and take your surfing experience to the next level, then you need to do Rockspace WiFi extender firmware update right after setting it (Rockspace extender) up.
Now, the question arises how to set up Rockspace WiFi extender? Well, the process is not rocket science. All, you have to do is follow the instructions highlighted below and know how to perform Rockspace WiFi extender setup process. Read on!
Rockspace Extender Setup using WPS Method
Given below are the instructions you need to follow in order to set up your Rockspace extender using the easiest way i.e. the WPS method:
- First things first, place your Rockspace extender in the same room or nearby where your existing router is placed.
- Then, power up your devices (extender and router) by plugging them into a working wall socket.
- Next, press the WPS button on your Rockspace extender.
- And, after a couple of minutes, press the WPS button on your existing router as well.
Once you are done configuring your Rockspace WiFi extender using the WPS method, you can change its location. But, the location you choose must be within range of your existing router. Now, you can access the Rockspace extender’s SSID on your computer, laptop, or smartphone and start using the improved speed of the internet connection all over your house.
Rockspace Extender Setup Manually
On the off chance, your existing router doesn’t have the WPS button on it, then configure your Rockspace WiFi extender using the manual method.
- Plug in your Rockspace extender and router.
- Connect them both via Ethernet cable.
- Open a web browser of your choice on a PC or laptop.
- Type re.rockspace.local (Rockspace extender’s default web address) in the URL bar.
- Press the Enter key.
You Are Almost Done!
Now, fill in the default Rockspace extender login details in the necessary fields and click on Log In. As soon as you click on the Log In button, the Settings page of your Rockspace extender displays. Just implement the on-screen instructions and the Rockspace extender setup process will be completed in the blink of an eye.
Stuck with Rockspace Extender Setup?
If you are stuck with Rockspace extender setup process, then apply the fixes highlighted below.
- Ensure to place your Rockspace extender and router in close proximity.
- Make sure that you are receiving good internet services from your ISP end. Also, your WiFi connection must be up-to-the mark.
- Be certain that you are using correct Rockspace extender login details.
- The Ethernet cable you have used to connect your devices must not be damaged and should be firmly inserted into the correct ports of your Rockspace extender and router.
- Be sure that you haven’t used an outdated web browser.
- There must not be any typing errors in re.rockspace.local or it shouldn’t be entered in the search bar.
- Do not open the private window.
- Follow the Rockspace extender setup instructions correctly in the exact given order.
- If you are getting the same issue, then we suggest you power cycle or restart your Rockspace WiFi extender once. For this, you have to disconnect your Rockspace extender and router. Then, you have to unplug your Rockspace device and wait for a couple of minutes. Thereafter, turn on the extender and reconnect it to your existing router.
Now, try to perform Rockspace extender setup process again.
Once you get Rockspace extender setup success after implementing the fixes highlighted above, don’t forget to perform Rockspace WiFi extender firmware update. The firmware updates, if performed on regular basis ensure the security of the device, helps in bugs fixing, improve the overall Rockspace extender’s performance, enhance existing internet connectivity, and a lot more.
Did the article help you configure Rockspace extender and troubleshoot setup-related issues? Read more.