Think of the last time you saw or used a drain in your house. Chances are, it wasn’t in the best condition. Fortunately, there are ways to deal with clogged drains without having to call in a professional. Keep reading for tips on how to handle a clogged drain yourself!
Tips on How To deal with Damaged Drains
Dealing with damaged drains is not a do-it-yourself job for everyone, and it is advisable to get help from a top pipe relining Sydney professional. However, there are still some basic procedures that can help, and here are some of them:
- Use a plunger- This is the easiest and most common way to unclog a drain. Simply place the plunger over the clogged drain, making sure it creates a tight seal, and pump it up and down quickly several times. This should help loosen any clogs in the drain.
- Pour hot water- Pouring a pot of hot water (not boiling) down your drain can help loosen any clogs and break them up. This can be done after using a plunger, or on its own for a more gentle approach.
- Use chemical solutions- Chemical drain cleaners can be bought at most stores and can be an effective way to break up clogs. However, it is important to use caution with these chemicals as they can be harsh on pipes and potentially harmful if used improperly.
If none of these DIY methods work, it may be time to call in a professional pipe relining Sydney expert. They have the expertise and equipment to effectively deal with any clogs or damage in your drains.
The Benefits of Pipe Relining Sydney
Here are 5 benefits that come with professional pipe relining:
- No digging or destruction to property- Pipe relining can be done without having to dig up your property or destroy walls, saving time and money.
- Quick and efficient- Pipe relining is a quick and efficient process that can have your drains functioning properly in no time.
- Long-lasting solution- Pipe relining can last up to 50 years, providing a long-term solution to any drain issues.
- Can fix cracks and leaks- Pipe relining can fix cracks and leaks in your pipes, preventing future damage and potential flooding.
- Environmentally friendly- The process of pipe relining does not require the use of harmful chemicals, making it a more environmentally friendly option.
So, if you’re dealing with damaged drains in your home, consider contacting a professional pipe relining Sydney company to effectively and efficiently solve the problem.
The Steps That Are Involved In Pipe Relining
Pipe relining is a method of repairing damaged or broken sewer pipes without having to dig up and replace the entire pipe. While it is not always possible to completely repair a pipe, relining can often extend the life of a pipe by several years. The steps involved in pipe relining are as follows:
- A video camera is used to inspect the inside of the pipe and identify the location of the damage.
- The damaged section of the pipe is excavated and a new lining is inserted into the pipe.
- The new lining is inflated and left in place for several hours to cure.
- The site is then cleaned up and the new lining is tested to ensure that it is functioning properly.
What to Expect After Pipe Relining Process Is Complete
After a pipe relining process is complete, it is important to have realistic expectations about the results. First, it is important to understand that the new pipe will not be an exact match for the old one. There may be some differences in the diameter or shape of the new pipe. Second, it is normal for there to be some water seepage around the joints of the new pipe. Instead, it relies on a sealant to create a watertight connection. Over time, this sealant can break down, allowing water to seep through. Finally, it is important to remember that the new pipe is not invincible. With proper maintenance and care, however, the new pipe should last for many years.
How Much Does Pipe Relining In Sydney Cost?
The cost of pipe relining Sydney service will vary depending on the company you choose and the severity of the damage to your pipes. However, you can expect to pay around $350 for a basic pipe relining job. This price includes the cost of materials and labor. However, this is still cheaper than having to replace your entire plumbing system. You should also ask about the warranty and what type of guarantee the company offers. By doing your research, you can be sure that you are getting the best possible value for your money.
If you have a damaged drain, the best thing to do is call a professional. They will be able to fix the problem quickly and efficiently. However, if you want to try and fix it yourself, there are a few things you can do. To start with, try using a plunger. If that doesn’t work, you can try using a plumbers snake. Finally, if all else fails, you can always call a professional. Fortunately, there are pipe relining experts in Sydney who can offer you the help that you need.